How can schools improve social emotional learning?
- Use a Competency Framework. When it comes to SEL, there is often a focus on students’ problematic behaviors.
- Move Beyond Behavior Tracking.
- Track Implementation Fidelity.
- Integrate SEL Lessons into your Core Curriculum.
What are the 4 social emotional learning areas of development? The CASEL 5 addresses five broad and interrelated areas of competence and highlights examples for each: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making.
What are the 5 core components of SEL?
- Social Awareness.
- Relationship Skills.
- Responsible Decision-Making.
What is SEL support schools? Social-emotional learning, or SEL, is a process designed to support young students’ well-being and academic performance in five key areas: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making.