How can we ensure safety of students?
- Learn the school’s emergency procedures.
- Know travel routes to and from the school.
- Know and follow school security and safety measures.
- Talk with your child about safety.
- Inform school staff about health and emotional concerns.
- Get involved.
Why is safety important in schools? School safety plays a crucial role in youth’s development and academic success. Students who feel safe at school tend to have better emotional health and are less likely to engage in risky behaviors. That sense of safety contributes to an overall feeling of connection.
What are some examples of school safety?
- Regularly update school safety plans.
- Make staff, students and parents aware of all safety policies.
- Provide teacher safety training.
- Organize a school safety team.
- Create a complete emergency response plan.
What is a safety in school? School safety means a program of prevention that protects students and staff from substance abuse, violence, bullying, theft, the sale or use of illegal substances, exposure to weapons and threats on school grounds, and injury from severe weather, fire, and natural disasters; and.