How can we improve school drop off?
- Before the first day of school, prepare your child for the new experience.
- Arrive early to allow time for your child to adjust.
- Be cheerful and upbeat.
- Create a goodbye routine.
- Leave a favorite object behind.
How can school safety be improved? Incorporate fences and gates into your school’s perimeter to maximize safety, whether school is in session or closed. Parents, carpool drivers and buses require designated student loading and unloading zones. Post signs and communicate policies that prohibit unauthorized vehicles in these areas.
How do you make walking to school safer?
- Look both ways and use crosswalks — but don’t assume you’re seen.
- Make eye contact with the driver.
- Eyes up, phones down.
- Walk in a group.
- Walk on sidewalks or paths.
- Cross with an adult.
- Be a good role model.
- Be visible.
What’s the difference between drop off and pick up? A pick-up location is a meeting point where Kacie or one of our great drivers waits for you and other customers for a short period of time to ‘pick-up’ your box from her. Drop-offs is a location where our drivers drop off a load of boxes and leaves them there for the day.