How can you be safe at school? Top Ten Tips For Keeping Your Student Safe:
Discuss avoiding hazardous short cuts that might take them out of public view. Kids in groups are generally safer than alone. Encourage children to walk with friends to and from school. Establish clear rules for play after school and review them regularly.
What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
What are the 5 safety rules?
- STAY ALERT – and stay alive.
- WEAR THE RIGHT CLOTHES – work clothes should fit properly.
- USE THE RIGHT TOOLS – if you need a hammer, get a hammer.
- LEARN HOW TO LIFT – Lifting takes more than muscle; it is an art.
What are 10 things you will do to maintain a safe classroom?
- Rely on schedules, routines, and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized classroom.
- Be the same teacher yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Be kind.
- Protect your students from misbehavior.
- Don’t take misbehavior personally.
- Maintain a peaceful learning environment.
- A Safe Haven.