How can you make your house safe for a child?
10 Ways to Make Your Home Safer for Kids
- Drain water containers that your child may stumble into.
- Keep plastic bags away and avoid blind cords.
- Lock the windows and secure the stairs.
- Fit smoke alarms in every room.
- Install security devices around the house.
- Use cord holders and power socket covers.
What are 4 things necessary to keep a child safe?
keeping kids safe: 10 ways to keep children safer
- give permission to say “No” and tell.
- help children identify trusted adults.
- set body boundaries.
- teach children to check with others first.
- teach children telephone skills.
What are 10 safety tips for baby proofing your home?
10 Tips for Baby-Proofing Your Home
- Use indoor safety gates. First, you should install indoor safety gates that will act as barriers.
- Put breakables out of reach.
- Lock your cabinets.
- Cover outlets.
- Tie up cords.
- Secure your furniture.
- Make hazardous rooms off limits.
- Mind your dog.
How do you give a toddler a safety proof home?
- Be familiar with the settings on your hot-water heater.
- Keep bathrooms locked or secured at all times.
- Know how to keep baby’s crib safe.
- Keep an eye out for heavy objects around the home.
- Be cautious around electricity.
- Don’t forget about window blinds.
- Create a small object tester.
- Use gates around stairs.