How can you stay safe in a school earthquake? Drop.
COVER your head and neck (and your entire body if possible) underneath a sturdy table or desk. If there is no shelter nearby, get down near an interior wall or next to low-lying furniture that won’t fall on you, and cover your head and neck with your arms and hands.
What are some of the safety practices against earthquake in your home and community that you can observe? If possible, crawl under a sturdy desk, table or other piece of furniture for additional protection. Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and other items that could fall. Hold on to any sturdy item you can until the shaking stops.
What should a community do to prepare for an earthquake?
- Check for Hazards in the Home. Fasten shelves securely to walls.
- Identify Safe Places Indoors and Outdoors. Under sturdy furniture such as a heavy desk or table.
- Educate Yourself and Family Members.
- Have Disaster Supplies on Hand.
- Develop an Emergency Communication Plan.
- Help Your Community Get Ready.
What are 5 earthquake safety tips?
- 1 QUAKE!
- 2 Keep Calm.
- 3 Keep Calm.
- 4 Make Sure You Have Ways Out: Open Doors And Windows.
- 5 Keep Away From Gateposts And Walls.
- 6 Stay Away From Fires And Tsunami.
- 7 Get The Right Information.
- 8 Make Sure Your Family And Neighbors Are Safe.