How do I keep my kitchen safe for kids?
Basic Kitchen Safety
- Check for sharp edges and corners where children could bang heads or injure their eyes.
- Secure all knobs and handles.
- Seal off all electrical outlets with safety plugs.
- Keep floor skid-proof.
- Install safety latches on all cabinets and cupboards with contents that could pose risks to children.
What are 5 safety rules in the kitchen?
Kitchen Safety Rules
- Always wear shoes.
- Wear safe clothing.
- Avoid burns.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands.
- Use different chopping boards for raw meat, fruits, and vegetables.
- Handle hot dishes with care.
- Have a fire extinguisher and know how to use it.
- Cooking with kids in the kitchen.
What are 4 safety rules in a kitchen?
- Clean as you go.
- No running in the kitchen.
- Have oven mitts or a dry cloth handy when grabbing something off the stove or out of the oven.
- When opening a hot oven, keep your face and body clear.
- When lifting the lid off a pot, tilt the lid away from your body.
What are 6 safety rules in the kitchen?
- Wash your hands well and often. Washing your hands well and often is the golden rule of food safety.
- Put your hair up.
- Don’t let foods touch to prevent cross-contamination.
- Always wash produce.
- Never wash meat.
- Cook food to proper temperatures.
- Don’t leave food out all night.