How do I make my fireplace safe for kids?
- Put a Gate Around Your Fireplace.
- Add a Glass Door to Your Fireplace.
- Make Sure You Keep Your Chimney Clean at All Times.
- Protect Your Children From the Fireplace Hearth.
- Keep Your Fireplace Tools Out of Reach.
- Explain to Your Children the Dangers of a Fire.
How do I block my fireplace from my child?
- Multi-Panel Gate. Our favorite style of fireplace baby gate, which offers a lot for “just a gate,” is the multi-paneled metal gate.
- Super-Long Adjustable Gate.
- Tall Doorway Gate.
How do you child proof a brick fireplace?
- Add padding. Putting a cushion around the edge of the hearth can prevent bumps, bruises and stitches.
- Maintain space around the fireplace. “Configuring gates, like this one from KidCo, denies access to both the hearth and the fire,” Kerin says.
How do I protect my kids from electric fireplace? To prevent this, install foam insulation around the fireplace with your glass door. The insulation keeps off heat that may escape from the sides of the glass door and ensures baby safety. This way, a child can play as close to the fireplace as they want.