How do I protect my child from inappropriate Internet content?
- Talk openly with your child about their online activity.
- Keep screens and devices where you can see them.
- Know your parental controls.
- Know who your children’s online friends are.
- Be ‘share aware’ to protect your privacy.
- Keep control of your family’s digital footprint.
How can I control what my child sees on Internet? Block websites.
If you just want to limit what your kids can search for, your best option is to enable Google SafeSearch in whichever browser or browsers you use. First, you need to make sure your browsers use Google as their default search engine, and then you need to turn on SafeSearch.
How do I protect my child on the Internet 2022?
- Install a strong antivirus program on your home computer and the devices of all family members.
- Install a VPN (virtual private network) on your computer.
- If you and your kids use a lot of different devices around the house, consider installing a VPN on your router.
How can I tell if my kid is using a VPN?
- Use the phone’s search tool and type in “VPN.” This will identify whether any apps that provide a VPN are downloaded onto their device.
- Most phones will display either “VPN,” an icon, or a notification showing that a VPN is in use.