How do you child proof a stone fireplace?
- Put a Gate Around Your Fireplace.
- Add a Glass Door to Your Fireplace.
- Make Sure You Keep Your Chimney Clean at All Times.
- Protect Your Children From the Fireplace Hearth.
- Keep Your Fireplace Tools Out of Reach.
- Explain to Your Children the Dangers of a Fire.
How do I protect my kids from brick fireplace?
- Add padding. Putting a cushion around the edge of the hearth can prevent bumps, bruises and stitches.
- Maintain space around the fireplace. “Configuring gates, like this one from KidCo, denies access to both the hearth and the fire,” Kerin says.
How do I protect my child from a fireplace hearth? Cover That Hearth
In that case, you’ll want to cover your hearth, whether it’s flat or stepped. A flat hearth can be easily covered with any type of wide, flat, cushioned mat. A stepped hearth will require a foam hearth guard to soften the edges and corners, as well as a cushioned mat to cover the entire surface.
How do you child proof a medicine cabinet? Make sure children know that they’re not supposed to take medicines without supervision and never refer to medicine as candy. Take extra care with over-the-counter (OTC) medicines for children such as liquid pain and fever relievers. Never let children use empty medicine containers as toys for their doctor kits.