How do you ensure school safety?
- Learn the school’s emergency procedures.
- Know travel routes to and from the school.
- Know and follow school security and safety measures.
- Talk with your child about safety.
- Inform school staff about health and emotional concerns.
- Get involved.
How does school safety affect learning? The Link Between Safety and Grades
Studies prove that school climate and safety directly impact a student’s academic performance. A student who feels unsafe will have a harder time paying attention and concentrating in the classroom, which will lead to lower grades.
Why is school safety important? School safety plays a crucial role in youth’s development and academic success. Students who feel safe at school tend to have better emotional health and are less likely to engage in risky behaviors. That sense of safety contributes to an overall feeling of connection.
What are the dangers of school?
The Top 10 Dangerous School Items
- Pens and Pencils.
- Power Tools.
- Scissors. Many of the most dangerous items are staples of any classroom.