How do you explain Internet safety to a child?
- Here are seven tips to help you get started:
- Understand internet safety.
- Start conversations early.
- Be open and honest.
- Establish rules but exercise flexibility.
- Use analogies.
- Show, don’t just tell.
- Be a good role model.
How does a parent talk to their tween preteen about Internet safety? Make sure your child knows that anyone can hide behind a computer, even a sexual predator. Also, let them know the dangers of posting personal information and pictures on their social networking profiles. In addition to social networking websites, like MySpace, internet chat rooms should also be discussed.
How do you talk to teens about Internet safety?
- Create a family media plan.
- Talk with your child about upsetting and inappropriate content.
- Stay in touch with what your child is doing online and how much time they’re spending online.
- Ask your child to ‘friend’ you on social media.
What are the 5 Internet safety rules?
- Protect Your Personal Information With Strong Passwords.
- Keep Personal Information Private.
- Make Sure Your Devices Are Secure.
- Pay Attention to Software Updates.
- Be Careful About Wifi.
- Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Back Up Your Personal Data.