How do you keep your school safe?
- Learn the school’s emergency procedures.
- Know travel routes to and from the school.
- Know and follow school security and safety measures.
- Talk with your child about safety.
- Inform school staff about health and emotional concerns.
- Get involved.
What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
What are 5 safety tips?
- Use tools and machines properly.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Be safe in the cold weather.
- Follow procedure, don’t take shortcuts.
- Wear your protective gear.
- If you see unsafe conditions, let a supervisor know.
- Take breaks.
- Stay sober.
How can you make students feel safe at school? Establish technology use guidelines and have students/families sign acceptable use agreements. Publicize policies and guidelines in multiple ways. Develop and/or reinforce your school community’s goals around respect, civility, regard and care for others, equity and inclusion.