How do you know if a website is safe for kids?
- Ask your parents what’s safe.
- Social media and apps.
- Don’t talk to strangers.
- Don’t reply to people with weird usernames.
- Turn off location settings.
- One of the easiest ways to make sure you’re not being tracked, or that a post won’t reveal where you are, is to turn off location settings.
What is the best way to protect children online?
- Talk openly with your child about their online activity.
- Keep screens and devices where you can see them.
- Know your parental controls.
- Know who your children’s online friends are.
- Be ‘share aware’ to protect your privacy.
- Keep control of your family’s digital footprint.
How do I keep my 12 year old safe online? Educate early and often – I warned my daughter about the dangers of the internet as soon as she started browsing, and remind her of safe online behaviour regularly – don’t accept friendship requests from people you don’t know, verify requests if they look to be coming from someone you do know, never agree to a private
Is child Safe Kit safe? At the end of 2019, the BBB advised that scammers contact parents by phone or social media offering the kit and ask for your child’s name, address birthday and social security number. That information in the wrong hands can lead to identity theft.