How do you prepare a kindergartener to ride the bus? Create a routine
Review the bus rules every morning, so the child knows what’s expected of them. Have a good drop off and pick up routine in place, too. Make sure you or a trusted caregiver gets them to the bus stop and picks them up again at the same time each day.
What are 3 things that are important about school bus safety?
- Safety Starts at the Bus Stop. Your child should arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Get On and Off Safely.
- Use Caution Around the Bus.
What are the safety rules on a bus?
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
How do I keep my child safe on a bus? Instruct younger kids to use handrails when boarding or exiting the bus. Be careful of straps or drawstrings that could get caught in the door. If your child drops something, they should tell the bus driver and make sure the bus driver is able to see them before they pick it up.