How do you promote children’s safety?
- Use relevant terms.
- Help children recognize warning signs of suspicious behavior.
- Speak in a more specific sense.
- Teach a child to gain permission prior to approaching an adult they don’t know.
- Let a child know that you would NEVER get someone to pick them up that they do not know.
What are 4 things necessary to keep a child safe?
- give permission to say “No” and tell.
- help children identify trusted adults.
- set body boundaries.
- teach children to check with others first.
- teach children telephone skills.
What are the safety needs of a child? Security. Kids must feel safe and sound, with their basic survival needs met: shelter, food, clothing, medical care and protection from harm.
How can children improve safety awareness?
- Say it early, often, and very clearly.
- Talk about uncomfortable feelings.
- Talk about “tricky people.”
- Be specific.
- Make kids the “boss” of their body.
- Give simple steps for scary situations.
- Talk about online stranger safety.