How do you promote safety in childcare?
- Diligently follow state health and safety regulations and national guidelines.
- Keep handbooks and policies up to date.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing.
- Child proof all areas accessible to children.
- Store and prepare food appropriately.
- Train staff adequately.
- Secure the facility according to local regulations.
What are some examples of safety concerns for early childhood setting?
- Falling Objects. Kids are curious and sometimes rambunctious.
- Choking. Food and small objects present a choking hazard for children, especially infants and toddlers.
- Old Playground Equipment.
- Inadequate Supervision.
- Poorly Trained Staff.
- Unsanitary Environment.
Why is safety important in a childcare setting? By creating and maintaining a safe environment, you provide children with the security they need to develop. You also provide families with the peace of mind they deserve to adequately focus on work or other life needs.
What is a health and safety checklist in childcare? Program is smoke free. All entrances/exits are kept clear of clutter, snow, ice, etc. Staff purses and personal items are locked out of reach of children. Hands are washed by staff and children upon arrival to classroom. Each child has brief health check by classroom teacher (includes parent/caregiver communication).