How do you talk to students about safety?
- Encourage children to talk about their concerns and to express their feelings.
- Talk honestly about your own feelings regarding school violence.
- Validate the child’s feelings.
- Empower children to take action regarding school safety.
What are some examples of school safety? These might include signing in when visiting the school, being escorted when walking through the building, or wearing a visitor pass. Following these procedures also sets a great example for your kids.
Who is responsible for the safety of students? Schools have the responsibility to keep a safe environment for all students. Officials at schools act in the place of parents or guardians when students are in their care. Schools are liable when it comes to preventing foreseeable dangers, as mentioned above, to keep students from being harmed.
How do I make sure my child is safe at school?
- Stay on top of COVID-19 updates.
- Review school policies.
- Talk regularly with teachers and administrators.
- Encourage open conversation with your child.
- Rely on technology for assistance.
- Confirm your child’s records are up to date.