How do you teach a lab to high school students?
Explicitly teaching science lab safety is too important to skip. Here are some super easy ways to teach and reinforce safety rules.
Student Made Safety Slogans
- Create a safety cartoon.
- Record a safety video on Flip Grid.
- Write a skit about science lab safety and perform it for the class.
What are the 5 main lab safety rules?
Lab safety rules: 5 things you need to remember when working in a lab
- Dress appropriately.
- Keep a tidy lab.
- Know your lab safety symbols.
- Handle chemical spills properly.
- Know your safety equipment.
- Test your skills in our Lab Safety simulation.
What are the 10 most lab safety rules?
The 10 Most Important Lab Safety Rules
- of 10. The Most Important Lab Safety Rule.
- of 10. Know the Location of Safety Equipment.
- of 10. Dress for the Lab.
- of 10. Don’t Eat or Drink in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Don’t Taste or Sniff Chemicals.
- of 10. Don’t Play Mad Scientist in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Dispose of Lab Waste Properly.
- of 10.
What are the 3 major lab safety issues?
Common Laboratory Safety Issues
- Storage of combustible materials near the ceiling.
- Storage of corrosive, flammable, or toxic chemicals above face height.
- Incomplete/improper labeling of liquid waste containers.
- Poor labeling of stock solutions or secondary containers.
- Faded labels or label falling off.