How do you teach children about safety online?
- Learn everything you can about the Internet.
- Set standards for what your kids can and cannot do online.
- Teach your kids to keep personal information private.
- Teach your kids to use social networking sites safely.
- Encourage your kids to come to you if they encounter a problem.
What are the 5 Internet safety rules?
- Protect Your Personal Information With Strong Passwords.
- Keep Personal Information Private.
- Make Sure Your Devices Are Secure.
- Pay Attention to Software Updates.
- Be Careful About Wifi.
- Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Back Up Your Personal Data.
How do I teach my 10 year old Internet safety? Talking with your child about appropriate and inappropriate online behaviour will help your child learn how to stay safe. For example, you could: tell your child not to do or say anything online that they wouldn’t do or say face to face with someone. encourage your child to think before posting photos or comments.
How do I teach my teen about Internet safety? Set Up Ground Rules
Identify social networking sites and apps that are safe to use and others that are off limits. Check out more safe internet practices below. Don’t share personal information online, including your full name, address, phone number, and Social Security number. Don’t use public Wi-Fi networks.