How do you teach children safety skills?
- Say it early, often, and very clearly.
- Talk about uncomfortable feelings.
- Talk about “tricky people.”
- Be specific.
- Make kids the “boss” of their body.
- Give simple steps for scary situations.
- Talk about online stranger safety.
What are 4 things necessary to keep a child safe?
- give permission to say “No” and tell.
- help children identify trusted adults.
- set body boundaries.
- teach children to check with others first.
- teach children telephone skills.
What are the safety needs of a child? Security. Kids must feel safe and sound, with their basic survival needs met: shelter, food, clothing, medical care and protection from harm.
How do I teach my child home safety?
- Assemble a first aid kit.
- Lock windows and doors.
- Stow an emergency house key.
- Check stove burners.
- Locate smoke and carbon monoxide detectors (and change their batteries)
- Use a fire extinguisher.
- Learn key phone numbers.
- Establish a family meeting spot.