How do you teach internet safety for middle school students?
The seven internet safety topics you should teach in middle school are:
- Verifying someone’s identity.
- Verifying a link is safe.
- Identifying an online scam.
- Protecting privacy.
- Creating and using passwords.
- Identifying, not participating, and stopping cyberbullying.
- Becoming a good digital citizen.
How do you teach children internet safety?
Educating Students On Online Safety
- Integrate online activities.
- Discuss digital footprints.
- Remember the golden rule.
- Present real-life situations.
- Use course management systems to communicate with students.
- Stick with websites verified with COPPA/CIPA.
- Make internet safety fun.
How do you teach teens about internet safety?
Protecting teenagers from internet safety risks
- Create a family media plan.
- Talk with your child about upsetting and inappropriate content.
- Stay in touch with what your child is doing online and how much time they’re spending online.
- Ask your child to ‘friend’ you on social media.
How do you introduce internet safety?
Below are some general tips you can use when teaching your kids about online safety:
- Learn everything you can about the Internet.
- Set standards for what your kids can and cannot do online.
- Teach your kids to keep personal information private.
- Teach your kids to use social networking sites safely.