How do you teach students about food safety?
Review Safety Tips
- Wash and dry your hands before you make or eat a snack or meal.
- Fruits and vegetables are healthy after-school snacks.
- Learn which foods belong in the refrigerator.
- Keep everything in the kitchen clean.
- Keep HOT foods HOT and COLD foods COLD.
What are the 5 basics to food safety?
The core messages of the Five Keys to Safer Food are:
- keep clean;
- separate raw and cooked;
- cook thoroughly;
- keep food at safe temperatures; and.
- use safe water and raw materials.
What are the 6 principles of food safety?
The Fundamental Principles of Food Safety and Food Hygiene:
- The Food Standards Act 1999: This Act establishes the powers and functions of the Food Standards Agency, an independent government department responsible for monitoring the conduct of the food industry.
What are the 4 food safety concepts? Four Steps to Food Safety: Clean, Separate, Cook, Chill.