How do you teach students about food safety?
Review Safety Tips
- Wash and dry your hands before you make or eat a snack or meal.
- Fruits and vegetables are healthy after-school snacks.
- Learn which foods belong in the refrigerator.
- Keep everything in the kitchen clean.
- Keep HOT foods HOT and COLD foods COLD.
What are 5 food safety practices?
Food Safety at Home
- Clean. Always wash your food, hands, counters, and cooking tools. Wash hands in warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Separate (Keep Apart) Keep raw foods to themselves. Germs can spread from one food to another.
- Cook. Foods need to get hot and stay hot.
- Chill. Put food in the fridge right away.
What are the 10 rules for food safety practice?
- Choose foods processed for safety.
- Cook food thoroughly.
- Eat cooked foods immediately.
- Store cooked foods carefully.
- Reheat cooked foods thoroughly.
- Avoid contact between raw foods and cooked foods.
- Wash hands repeatedly.
- Keep all kitchen surfaces meticulously clean.
What are the 6 principles of food safety?
The Fundamental Principles of Food Safety and Food Hygiene:
- The Food Standards Act 1999: This Act establishes the powers and functions of the Food Standards Agency, an independent government department responsible for monitoring the conduct of the food industry.