How do you teach teens about Internet safety?
Protecting teenagers from internet safety risks
- Create a family media plan.
- Talk with your child about upsetting and inappropriate content.
- Stay in touch with what your child is doing online and how much time they’re spending online.
- Ask your child to ‘friend’ you on social media.
What are the 5 Internet safety rules?
Cybersecurity 101: 7 Basic Internet Safety Tips
- Protect Your Personal Information With Strong Passwords.
- Keep Personal Information Private.
- Make Sure Your Devices Are Secure.
- Pay Attention to Software Updates.
- Be Careful About Wifi.
- Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Back Up Your Personal Data.
What are the top 10 Internet safety rules?
Top 10 Internet Safety Rules & What Not to Do Online
- Keep Personal Information Professional and Limited.
- Keep Your Privacy Settings On.
- Practice Safe Browsing.
- Make Sure Your Internet Connection is Secure.
- Be Careful What You Download.
- Choose Strong Passwords.
- Make Online Purchases From Secure Sites.
- Be Careful What You Post.
What are five online safety tips The recommended for teenagers?
How to Stay Safe Online: 10 Must-Read Pieces of Advice
- Stranger Danger.
- Check your privacy settings.
- Remember, posting is permanent.
- Create strong passwords.
- Never reveal personal information.
- Be aware of fake news.
- Be respectful to others.
- Remember our lives on social media aren’t the full story.