Is the free child safety kit legit? According to recent BBB Scam Tracker reports, scammers are offering these free “kits” as a way to get their hands on sensitive information that can be used to steal a child’s identity.
How can I get a free child safety kit? Organizations like the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) partner with law enforcement to provide parents with free child safety kits. You can also contact your local police department directly to learn about any upcoming safety kit events.
How do we promote child safety?
- Use relevant terms.
- Help children recognize warning signs of suspicious behavior.
- Speak in a more specific sense.
- Teach a child to gain permission prior to approaching an adult they don’t know.
- Let a child know that you would NEVER get someone to pick them up that they do not know.
What are 4 things necessary to keep a child safe?
- give permission to say “No” and tell.
- help children identify trusted adults.
- set body boundaries.
- teach children to check with others first.
- teach children telephone skills.