What age do you stop using safety gates? Carry on using safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs until your infant is at least 2 years old. Start to teach your child how to climb stairs, but never let them go up and down on their own (even 4 year olds may need some help).
Which baby safety gate is best?
- Best Overall Safety Gate: KidCo Safeway Gate.
- Best Value Safety Gate: Regalo Easy-Step Walk-Through Gate.
- Best Self-Closing Safety Gate: Toddleroo by North States Easy-Close Baby Gate.
- Best Safety Gate for Stairs: Evenflo Top of Stairs Gate.
- Best No-Drill Safety Gate: Munchkin Easy Close Gate.
How do you install child safety gates?
What is the purpose of safety gates? Safety gates help prevent employees from falling down flights of steps while also helping to direct attention to a change in elevation. Safety gates are particularly effective when used in conjunction with handrails and safety signage.