What age do you stop using safety gates? Carry on using safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs until your infant is at least 2 years old. Start to teach your child how to climb stairs, but never let them go up and down on their own (even 4 year olds may need some help).
Which baby safety gate is best?
- Best Overall Safety Gate: KidCo Safeway Gate.
- Best Value Safety Gate: Regalo Easy-Step Walk-Through Gate.
- Best Self-Closing Safety Gate: Toddleroo by North States Easy-Close Baby Gate.
- Best Safety Gate for Stairs: Evenflo Top of Stairs Gate.
- Best No-Drill Safety Gate: Munchkin Easy Close Gate.
What things should you consider when deciding upon a child safety gate?
- Measure the width of the opening where the baby gate will go. For staircases, measure both the top and bottom of the stairs.
- Choose how you want to fix your gate.
- Decide how you want your baby gate to open and close.
- Choose your material and finishes.
How do you use a child safety gate?