What are 3 things that are important about school bus safety?
- Safety Starts at the Bus Stop. Your child should arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Get On and Off Safely.
- Use Caution Around the Bus.
What are 4 responsibilities tasks of a school bus driver? School Bus Driver Responsibilities:
Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc. Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers. Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies. Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
What are the safety rules on a bus?
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
What is the fine for passing a school bus in Virginia? Passing a Stopped School Bus in Virginia under Va. Code §46.2-859 is a form of reckless driving. Therefore, it is a Class 1 misdemeanor. It is punished with up to 12 months in jail, a fine up to $2,500, court costs, driver’s license suspension for 60 days up to 6 months, 6 DMV demerit points.