What are 3 things that are important about school bus safety?
- Safety Starts at the Bus Stop. Your child should arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Get On and Off Safely.
- Use Caution Around the Bus.
What are the best ways to keep students safe on school buses?
- Buckle up if seat belts are available.
- Stay in your seat keeping head, arms and papers inside the bus, and talk quietly.
- Keep aisles clear of books and bags.
What are the safety precautions in bus?
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
How long can a child legally be on a school bus in NY state? Pupil Transportation
Education Law (EL 3635) does not contain a maximum length of time that a pupil may be expected to spend riding on a school bus. However, it is widely accepted that the en route time must be reasonable.