What are 3 things that are important about school bus safety?
- Safety Starts at the Bus Stop. Your child should arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Get On and Off Safely.
- Use Caution Around the Bus.
What do I need to drive a school bus in Texas?
- be at least 18 years old;
- hold a Class B CDL with passenger (P) and school bus (S) endorsements; obtain through DPS office.
- pass an annual mental and physical exam required by Texas DPS; obtain through employer or DOT certified doctor.
How often are school buses required to be inspected in Pennsylvania? A school bus must meet Title 67, Chapter 171, Subchapters A, B, C, D and G, relating to school bus equipment standards as well as the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code. It must also be inspected annually by the Pennsylvania State Police and receive a semiannual Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection.
What to know about driving a bus?
- Check all of the mirrors.
- Make sure to perform pre and post trip inspections.
- GOAL – Get out and look.
- Get to know your gages.
- Make sure to read every road sign.
- Keep your eyes ahead and give yourself time to stop.
- Always have an exit plan.