What are 4 responsibilities tasks of a school bus driver? School Bus Driver Responsibilities:
Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc. Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers. Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies. Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
What is the fine for passing a school bus in Virginia? Passing a Stopped School Bus in Virginia under Va. Code §46.2-859 is a form of reckless driving. Therefore, it is a Class 1 misdemeanor. It is punished with up to 12 months in jail, a fine up to $2,500, court costs, driver’s license suspension for 60 days up to 6 months, 6 DMV demerit points.
How many points is passing a school bus in VA? In some instances, the charge can be amended to Passing a Stopped School bus under § 46.2-844 which is a civil penalty of $250 and a 6 point offense on your driving record, but is not a misdemeanor and is considered not to be Reckless Driving.
What are the safety precautions in bus?
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.