What are 4 things necessary to keep a child safe?
- give permission to say “No” and tell.
- help children identify trusted adults.
- set body boundaries.
- teach children to check with others first.
- teach children telephone skills.
What are the safety rules to be observed at home?
- Where to locate the emergency contact list.
- How to operate the security system.
- Avoid opening the door for strangers.
- Be familiar with the family escape plan.
- Practice water safety.
- Be aware of food allergies.
- Steer clear of the medicine cabinet.
- Avoid climbing on the furniture.
What are the safety needs of a child? Security. Kids must feel safe and sound, with their basic survival needs met: shelter, food, clothing, medical care and protection from harm.
Why is safety important at home? Importance of Safety At Home
Importance of home safety is synonymous to the importance of practicing safety in its entirety. Keeping your home free of dangers and equipped with home safety products can prevent mundane accidents such as falls and can protect you from emergencies like fires.