What are 5 basic rules of kitchen safety?
Kitchen Safety Rules
- Always wear shoes.
- Wear safe clothing.
- Avoid burns.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands.
- Use different chopping boards for raw meat, fruits, and vegetables.
- Handle hot dishes with care.
- Have a fire extinguisher and know how to use it.
- Cooking with kids in the kitchen.
What are the 6 most important safety rules in the kitchen?
- Wash your hands well and often. Washing your hands well and often is the golden rule of food safety.
- Put your hair up.
- Don’t let foods touch to prevent cross-contamination.
- Always wash produce.
- Never wash meat.
- Cook food to proper temperatures.
- Don’t leave food out all night.
How do you teach kitchen safety?
Top 7 Kitchen Safety Kids to Teach Your Kids
- Always ask an adult’s permission before cooking in the kitchen.
- Wash Your Hands.
- Clean As You Go.
- Use a Potholder or Towel to Carry and Hold Hot Items.
- Practice Good Knife Safety Tips.
- Ask Before You Lick.
- Listen, Listen, Listen.
What are 3 ways to promote kitchen safety?
Basic Kitchen Safety Practices
- Keep Knives Sharp, But Handle with Care!
- Clean Up Spills Immediately.
- Don’t Allow Cords to Dangle Near the Stove or Sink or Where they Could Be Pulled to the Floor.
- Don’t Allow Horseplay in the Kitchen.
- Don’t Set Objects Where They Can Easily Fall.
- Treat Cookware with the Respect It Deserves.