What are playground safety rules?
- Never attach or allow children to attach ropes, jump ropes, clotheslines or pet leashes to play equipment.
- Leave sweatshirts with drawstrings and necklaces at home.
- Remove bike helmets when playing on the playground.
How can I be safe on a school playground? Teaching Kids About Playground Safety
Use equipment properly — slide feet-first, don’t climb outside guardrails, no standing on swings, etc. Always check to make sure no other kids are in the way if they’re going to jump off equipment or slide, and land on both feet with their knees slightly bent.
What are three safe playground habits?
- Always Follow Playground Equipment Rules.
- Look Before Using.
- Be Mindful of Surroundings.
- Avoid Wet Equipment.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing.
- Play Games Away from Playground Equipment.
What is the most important safety feature on any playground? Line of Sight
Good adult supervision at the playground prevents many injuries. Playgrounds should have adequate lines of sight so that parents and adults supervising play can easily see children throughout the play space.