What are playground safety rules?
- Never attach or allow children to attach ropes, jump ropes, clotheslines or pet leashes to play equipment.
- Leave sweatshirts with drawstrings and necklaces at home.
- Remove bike helmets when playing on the playground.
What are three safe playground habits?
- Always Follow Playground Equipment Rules.
- Look Before Using.
- Be Mindful of Surroundings.
- Avoid Wet Equipment.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing.
- Play Games Away from Playground Equipment.
How do you make a playground safe? Safe surfaces.
A good playground should have surfaces that will absorb impacts and make walking, running, and jumping easier on your child. Look for surfaces such as wood chips, sand, shredded rubber, and mulch. Grass and dirt may seem impact-absorbing, but can be just as unsafe as asphalt or concrete.
What is the most important safety feature on any playground? Line of Sight
Good adult supervision at the playground prevents many injuries. Playgrounds should have adequate lines of sight so that parents and adults supervising play can easily see children throughout the play space.