What are playground safety rules?
- Never attach or allow children to attach ropes, jump ropes, clotheslines or pet leashes to play equipment.
- Leave sweatshirts with drawstrings and necklaces at home.
- Remove bike helmets when playing on the playground.
What are three safe playground habits?
- Always Follow Playground Equipment Rules.
- Look Before Using.
- Be Mindful of Surroundings.
- Avoid Wet Equipment.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing.
- Play Games Away from Playground Equipment.
What is the most important safety feature on any playground? Line of Sight
Good adult supervision at the playground prevents many injuries. Playgrounds should have adequate lines of sight so that parents and adults supervising play can easily see children throughout the play space.
What are common playground hazards? Improper protective surfacing:
Hard surfaces under and around playground equipment can cause injuries if children fall. Replace these surfaces with materials that are soft enough to cushion a fall, such as hardwood fiber/mulch, sand, or pea gravel.