What are some concerns for kids?
- Bullying/cyberbullying. Whether harassment takes place in person or online, the actions can have deep effects on a child’s mental and physical health.
- Internet safety.
- Motor vehicle accidents.
- School violence.
- Unhealthy eating.
- Not enough exercise.
What are 4 things necessary to keep a child safe?
- give permission to say “No” and tell.
- help children identify trusted adults.
- set body boundaries.
- teach children to check with others first.
- teach children telephone skills.
What is a safety hazard for kids? Soft bedding, pieces of food, small objects and blind cord loops are some of the major hazards. Drowning and near-drownings represent another major hazard in the home. Bathtubs, toilets, buckets and swimming pools are some of the most common places for this to occur.
What precautions ensure a child’s safety?
- Keep children’s play areas away from your kitchen.
- Keep hot drinks away from children and never hold a child while you have a hot drink.
- Keep children away from hot foods and liquids.
- Put all hot liquids and food in the centre of the table, or to the back of the bench away from the edges.