What are some examples of school safety? These might include signing in when visiting the school, being escorted when walking through the building, or wearing a visitor pass. Following these procedures also sets a great example for your kids.
What are the 5 safety rules?
- STAY ALERT – and stay alive.
- WEAR THE RIGHT CLOTHES – work clothes should fit properly.
- USE THE RIGHT TOOLS – if you need a hammer, get a hammer.
- LEARN HOW TO LIFT – Lifting takes more than muscle; it is an art.
How can you make a school safe?
- Set classroom rules.
- Develop their empathy skills.
- Group exercises.
- Remind them that trying is more important than being right.
- Decorate your classroom with students’ work.
- Recognize student’s work or effort in different ways.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
Why is safety important in school? School safety plays a crucial role in youth’s development and academic success. Students who feel safe at school tend to have better emotional health and are less likely to engage in risky behaviors. That sense of safety contributes to an overall feeling of connection.