What are some examples of school safety? These might include signing in when visiting the school, being escorted when walking through the building, or wearing a visitor pass. Following these procedures also sets a great example for your kids.
What are 10 things you will do to maintain a safe classroom?
- Rely on schedules, routines, and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized classroom.
- Be the same teacher yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Be kind.
- Protect your students from misbehavior.
- Don’t take misbehavior personally.
- Maintain a peaceful learning environment.
- A Safe Haven.
How do you teach safety in the classroom?
- Place your natural teaching position as far from the door as possible.
- Pre-plan how you will barricade your room in case of a violent intruder.
- Create a path into the class.
- Observe the type of door leading into your classroom.
How do you create a safe space in school?
- Never use the safe space as a time-out or order a student to go to the safe space.
- Introduce the safe space gradually.
- You may even appoint a trusted safe space helper to guide children through the process when they’re feeling upset.
- Ask children to help design the safe space.