What are some good survey questions for school?
- How would you rate your teacher?
- How many hours do you spend learning on your own?
- Do you partake in any extracurricular activities?
- How much time do you spend on homework and quizzes every day?
- What classroom activities do you enjoy the most?
How do you measure school safety?
- Evaluate current school security measures.
- Conduct a physical security audit.
- Review school communication systems.
- Strengthen partnerships with public safety officials.
- Check your school’s cybersecurity posture.
- Ensure school staff receive proper training.
What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
What are some examples of school safety? These might include signing in when visiting the school, being escorted when walking through the building, or wearing a visitor pass. Following these procedures also sets a great example for your kids.