What are some safety tips for parents? Keep all toys, blankets, and pillows out of the crib at night and during naps. It is safe to share your room with your baby. Babies should be placed to sleep on their backs in their crib. Parents should not bring their children to sleep with them on the couch or in their bed.
What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
How do you keep your school safe?
- Learn the school’s emergency procedures.
- Know travel routes to and from the school.
- Know and follow school security and safety measures.
- Talk with your child about safety.
- Inform school staff about health and emotional concerns.
- Get involved.
What are some examples of school safety?
- Regularly update school safety plans.
- Make staff, students and parents aware of all safety policies.
- Provide teacher safety training.
- Organize a school safety team.
- Create a complete emergency response plan.