What are the 10 laboratory safety rules?
- of 10. The Most Important Lab Safety Rule.
- of 10. Know the Location of Safety Equipment.
- of 10. Dress for the Lab.
- of 10. Don’t Eat or Drink in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Don’t Taste or Sniff Chemicals.
- of 10. Don’t Play Mad Scientist in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Dispose of Lab Waste Properly.
- of 10.
What are the 5 main lab safety rules?
- Dress appropriately.
- Keep a tidy lab.
- Know your lab safety symbols.
- Handle chemical spills properly.
- Know your safety equipment.
- Test your skills in our Lab Safety simulation.
Why is lab safety important at school? Safety is important in middle-school and high-school science labs to ensure students and teachers stay out of harm’s way. Science classrooms often have equipment — such as Bunsen burners, chemicals and sharp tools — that pose potential hazards if used improperly.
What is the first rule of lab safety? Students must be made to wear safety goggles, lab coat, and shoes in the science laboratory. Loose clothes, sandals, and open hairs should be a strict NO in school science labs. Examine glassware before using. Do not use chipped or cracked test tubes or beakers.