What are the 10 most lab safety rules?
- of 10. The Most Important Lab Safety Rule.
- of 10. Know the Location of Safety Equipment.
- of 10. Dress for the Lab.
- of 10. Don’t Eat or Drink in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Don’t Taste or Sniff Chemicals.
- of 10. Don’t Play Mad Scientist in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Dispose of Lab Waste Properly.
- of 10.
What are the safety rules in a chemistry lab?
- Know locations of laboratory safety showers, eyewashstations, and fire extinguishers.
- Know emergency exit routes.
- Avoid skin and eye contact with all chemicals.
- Minimize all chemical exposures.
- No horseplay will be tolerated.
- Assume that all chemicals of unknown toxicity are highly toxic.
What are the 5 most important lab safety rules?
- Dress appropriately.
- Keep a tidy lab.
- Know your lab safety symbols.
- Handle chemical spills properly.
- Know your safety equipment.
- Test your skills in our Lab Safety simulation.
Do and don’ts in chemistry lab? Always wear appropriate eye protection (i.e., chemical splash goggles) in the laboratory. Wear disposable gloves, as provided in the laboratory, when handling haz- ardous materials. Remove the gloves before exiting the laboratory. Wear a full-length, long-sleeved laboratory coat or chemical-resistant apron.