What are the 10 rules for food safety practice?
- Rule #1: Keep raw food separate from cooked foods to avoid cross-contamination.
- Rule #2: Know the Danger Zone!
- Rule #3: Place raw food on the bottom of fridge.
- Rule #4: Wash fresh fruits, vegetables, and bagged salads and spinach.
How do you keep food safe for kids?
- Choose safe foods for your child.
- Separate raw foods from cooked foods.
- Wash your hands.
- Cook all meats – including hot dogs and sausages – poultry, seafood and eggs thoroughly.
- Eat foods soon after they are cooked.
- Store cooked foods appropriately.
- Reheat cooked foods adequately.
What are the 5 basics to food safety?
- keep clean;
- separate raw and cooked;
- cook thoroughly;
- keep food at safe temperatures; and.
- use safe water and raw materials.
What are the 4 food safety guidelines? Four Steps to Food Safety: Clean, Separate, Cook, Chill. Following four simple steps at home—Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill—can help protect you and your loved ones from food poisoning.