What are the 3 types of child safety seats? There are three types of car seats: rear-facing, forward-facing, and the booster, with each best suited to protect a child based on their age and size.
What is the number 1 safest car seat?
- Graco 4Ever DLX: Best child car seat. Best overall.
- Cybex Aton 2: Best infant car seat. Best infant car seat.
- Chicco Keyfit 30: Best child car seat for budgets.
- Britax Boulevard Clicktight ARB: Best extended rear-facing carseat.
- Evenflo Gold SensorSafe EveryStage: Best convertible car seat.
What is the safest seat for a child? The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recommends that all children under the age of 13 ride in the back seat, ideally in the center. The rear center seat is also recommended as the best place for kids’ car seats.
What kind of car seat should a 5 year old be in? What car seat should a 5 year old be in? A 5 year old should be in a 5-point-harness car seat since it’s safer. As you move up in categories this important features is changed to the seat belt. You can choose the highback booster car seat or the all in one car seat.