What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
What are some examples of school safety? These might include signing in when visiting the school, being escorted when walking through the building, or wearing a visitor pass. Following these procedures also sets a great example for your kids.
What is a school safety statement? The safety statement is a live written document which contains the detail of how safety, health and welfare is managed in a school. It includes the school structures, planning activities, practices, procedures, and resources for implementing and maintaining safety, health and welfare.
What are five school safety rules?
- 15 safety rules every school should implement.
- Walk, do not run in the hall or stairways.
- Don’t push people while walking.
- Keep to the right in corridors and on stairways.
- Use each step going up and down stairs.
- Be ready to grab the handrail if you slip.