What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
What are the color codes for schools?
- CODE RED – IMMEDIATE LOCKDOWN (No Movement) Classroom Teachers.
- CODE YELLOW – LOCKOUT (Movement of SAFE Team only) Classroom Teachers.
- CODE ORANGE – EVACUATION. (Initially, same as fire-drill evacuation)
- CODE BROWN – SHELTER-IN-PLACE. (SAFE Team initial movement only)
- CODE BLACK – BOMB THREAT.
- CODE BLUE – MEDICAL EMERGENCY.
What is code GREY in school? A CODE GRAY is a weather warning. This means that severe weather is imminent. Please report immediately to storm drill locations. Keep all students inside. Please stay inside until a CODE GREEN is announced.
What does Code Purple mean in school? Other typical team members are a counselor, a nurse, school secretary or a custodian. In a code purple, the team usually is given the facts and is expected to help the team leader decide how to proceed.