What are the 4 safe school elements? School crisis and emergency preparedness training should encompass prevention/mitigation, early intervention (which is part of ongoing school safety), immediate response/intervention, and long-term recovery. These four phases are clearly articulated by the Departments of Education and Homeland Security.
What type of security is most needed for schools?
- Secure the perimeter.
- Security lighting.
- Know thy visitor.
- Data access.
- Educate staff and students on the emergency procedures.
- Practice!!! Just like in a fire alarm practice, you may also want to practice what happens in other situations.
What are some examples of school safety? These might include signing in when visiting the school, being escorted when walking through the building, or wearing a visitor pass. Following these procedures also sets a great example for your kids.
What are five school safety rules?
- 15 safety rules every school should implement.
- Walk, do not run in the hall or stairways.
- Don’t push people while walking.
- Keep to the right in corridors and on stairways.
- Use each step going up and down stairs.
- Be ready to grab the handrail if you slip.