What are the 5 most important lab safety rules?
Lab safety rules: 5 things you need to remember when working in a lab
- Dress appropriately.
- Keep a tidy lab.
- Know your lab safety symbols.
- Handle chemical spills properly.
- Know your safety equipment.
- Test your skills in our Lab Safety simulation.
What are the 10 most lab safety rules?
The 10 Most Important Lab Safety Rules
- of 10. The Most Important Lab Safety Rule.
- of 10. Know the Location of Safety Equipment.
- of 10. Dress for the Lab.
- of 10. Don’t Eat or Drink in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Don’t Taste or Sniff Chemicals.
- of 10. Don’t Play Mad Scientist in the Laboratory.
- of 10. Dispose of Lab Waste Properly.
- of 10.
What are some examples of lab safety procedures?
Safe Lab Practices
- No Food or Drink.
- Wear Your PPE and Proper Lab Attire.
- Good Hygiene.
- Use Proper Storage Containers.
- Label Your Work Space.
- Don’t Work Alone.
- Stay Focused and Aware of Your Surroundings.
- Participate in Safety Exercises.
What are the 3 major lab safety issues?
Common Laboratory Safety Issues
- Storage of combustible materials near the ceiling.
- Storage of corrosive, flammable, or toxic chemicals above face height.
- Incomplete/improper labeling of liquid waste containers.
- Poor labeling of stock solutions or secondary containers.
- Faded labels or label falling off.